Leave your details for a callback
Have you been recommended to go in for Knee Replacement Surgery? Get an expert opinion if you really need it.
Knee Replacement Surgery
What is Knee Replacement Surgery?
- knee replacement surgery means removing/resurfacing the damaged surfaces of the knee joint following osteoarthritis, traumatic arthritis or any other cause leading to global cartilage loss in the knee joint.
- The damaged surfaces are refashioned during the surgery and are fitted with very smooth metal implants held to the bone with or without the use of cement.
- The metal implants can be made of Cobalt-Chromium alloy, zirconium coated, oxinium coated or even gold coated.
- knee replacement surgery ultimately provides relief in the pain arising from the damaged surfaces of the knee joint. Surgery also leads to correction of any knee joint deformity hence improving the walk pattern/gait.
Advantages of Knee Replacement
Faster and permanent solution of knee arthritis
Return back to pain free and
Improves the cardiorespiratory
Best quality implant for better longevity
- Osteoarthritis of the knee is defined as age related wear and tear of the knee joint. The joint cartilage starts getting thinner and worn which leads to exposure of bare bone surfaces which rub against each other during movement leading to pain.
- Osteoarthritis of the knee also leads to the damage of ligaments and meniscus tissue which can result in knee laxity and instability while walking.
- Progressive damage can also lead to deformity(inward or outward bending) of the knee joint in later stages of the disease.
- Failed conservative treatment given in the form of medications, physiotherapy, knee injections etc.
- Advanced (Grade 4) osteoarthritis.
- Severe deformity leading to crippled life.
- Not able to carry out daily activities even after physiotherapy and medicines.
Why Orthocure Surgery+ for your Knee Replacement?
- Highest standards of surgical facilities at our partner hospitals.
- Lowest risk of infection and other complications.
- Best implants from International manufacturing brands.
- Modular operation theatres.
- Dedicated OrthoBuddy for holding your hand all through the journey.
- End to end seamless patient care ranging from pre op physiotherapy to admission to surgery to discharge and complete recovery
- All insurances covered
- Best surgery expertise for better results.
- Dedicated team of physiotherapists to ensure quick and complete recovery.
- Transparent pricing and estimate for surgery.
Aim is to convert the surgery related painful experience into a beautiful journey to complete recovery.
Partnering with the best Hospitals for Surgeries
UPHI is a state of the art surgical setup located on Golf Course Road, Sector 43, Gurgaon. It is built with International Standards and has a Center of Excellence for Orthopaedic Surgeries with super-specialized Operation Theatre with most advanced surgical equipment. The centre is equipped with round-the-clock ICU facilities and doctors.
Miracles Apollo Hospital
Miracles Healthcare in collaboration with Apollo Spectra hospitals has developed a Multi-Specialty Hospital in Sector 82, Gurugram. The centre is equipped with advanced Orthopaedic surgical facilities with modular OTs and critical care facilities. The hospital brings Apollo Spectra’s superior surgical capabilities backed by modern surgical intensive care units (ICUs) for complete post-surgery support.
Artemis Hospital is a 400 plus bed; state-of-the-art multi-speciality hospital located in Sector 51, Gurugram. Artemis Hospital is the first JCI and NABH accredited Hospital in Gurugram. Designed as one of the most advanced hospitals in India, Artemis provides a depth of expertise in the spectrum of advanced medical & surgical interventions, a comprehensive mix of inpatient and outpatient services.
Columbia Asia Hospital
Columbia Asia Hospital is a 90 bed multi-specialty facility situated in Palam Vihar area, Gurugram. The hospital is a preferred healthcare service provider for the residents and corporate entities of Gurugram. The hospital offers orthopedics clinical services with qualified and experienced medical personnel and technicians ensuring healthcare delivery of the highest standards.
Dr. Rohit Lamba (MBBS, MS(Ortho) )
Years of Experience: 16 years
Dr. O. P. Guptab (MBBS, MS(Ortho) )
Dr. Chirag Arora (MBBS, MS(Ortho), DNB(Ortho) )
Dr. Lalit Bafna (MBBS, MS(Ortho), FNB(Sports Medicine) )
Dr. Nishit Bhatnagar MBBS, MS(Ortho), DNB(Ortho)
Dr. Umair Firdos (MBBS, DNB(Ortho))
Do you think it takes many months to recover after a Knee Replacement Surgery?
Why Orthocure ?
Get in Touch
If you’ve got questions, send us a message.
Feel free to contact us
to discuss your issue in further detail.