ARTHRITIS CARE PROGRAM
This program is unique and the only one of its kind in India. We at Orthocure provide a holistic approach of assessment, education, and customized treatment plan to target specific individuals’ short-term and long-term goals. Our customized program for each individual not only eases pain and inflammation but also slows down the damage, improves the joint’s functioning, and improves the quality of daily life.
We present Special Interprofessional “Arthritis Management Program”. Our Knee Arthritis Program “REVIVIFY KNEES” is designed to manage this condition with an integrated approach which aims to maximize the joint function, reduce pain and slow down Arthritis progression.
Maximize the Joint Function
Slow Down Arthritis Progression
WHAT IS OSTEOARTHRITIS
Osteoarthritis is wear and tear of joints which is often caused by rubbing of bones against each other and eroding the cartilage lining, which provides a cushioning effect and covers the bones forming the joint. The symptoms of Arthritis may appear suddenly or gradually, including pain, stiffness, swelling, difficulty in taking stairs, walking for prolonged periods, etc.
ARTHRITIS TREATMENT IN GURGAON
Arthritis is a progressive age-related disease. It usually affects weight bearing joints of the body with knee being the commonest. Other most prevalent joints are Hip, Shoulder and Spine.
- Joint is formed with 2 bones connecting each other and giving us freedom of movement. On the top of these bones is a layer of cartilage which provides smooth gliding of bones over each other.
- In between the joint there is synovial fluid which acts as a shock absorber, provides nutrient to the joints and provides lubrication.
- These all are enclosed in a joint cavity.
- When your muscles becomes weak they fail to support the joints and the bones come in approximation to each other (more closer).
- This results in rubbing off the cartilage layering causing inflammation and pain.
- The more it keeps on eroding the bony surfaces becomes uncovered and starts rubbing and grinding against each other.
- As bones are brittle it causes osteophytes formation (small bone spikings because of rubbing) which further irritates the joint and increases severity of symptoms.
- Slowly and gradually the space between the joints keep on reducing.
- Muscular weakness.
- Poor posture.
- Altered biomechanics of the body.
- Flat foot.
- Family History
- Pain- intermittent or continuous.
- Swelling may/may not be present.
- Tenderness around the joint.
- Weakness of muscles.
- Limited ROM.
- Altered biomechanics.
Detailed assessment- includes a physical examination, X-ray Analysis, Foot biomechanics Analysis, and Muscle Strength Analysis.
- X-Rays are the best form to rule out arthritis.
- Physical examination to clinically corelate.
- Importance of pain management.
- Importance of lifestyle changes.
- Use Supplementation, which works at the cellular level inside the joint to help protect the cartilage.
- Priority for medications to deal with inflammation and to start with flexibility and strength training soon.
- Evidence-based senior fitness management program to improve strength and balance.
- Importance of being more active and robust for an independent living.
- Importance of post-program assessments and maintenance.
To help deload your knee joint and help distribute your weight evenly on the joint surfaces reducing further wear and tear.Exercise Program-
- Our uniqueness in arthritis management is our advanced equipment for strengthening the hip, knee, and ankle. Our advanced equipment functions by placing medically approved loads to provide a multifold increase in the strength of muscles surrounding the joint in minimal possible time.
- This methodology works more efficiently compared to other strength training programs as it isolates the muscles around the joint and provides targeted progressive strength training.
- These fitness devices minimize the risk of injuries and are highly recommended for people who have arthritis.
Managing Pain is our first goal. Pain management is done through
- Basic and Advanced physiotherapeutic techniques consist of a combination of electrotherapy, Manual therapy, Kinesiotaping, Dry Needling, Cupping Therapy, IASTM, Traction, and improved graded mobilizations
What is Arthritis?
Post Program Assessments & Maintenance- As your all know its an age related lifestyle disease, so we have to manage and track it continuously, that it halts at an early stage or at stage where you got it diagnosed. In this way you can maintain a healthy pain free living. After you complete the program its highly recommended you to get regular checkup done as maintenance so that you can keep a check on your arthritis progression and avoid ending up in surgeries.
Symptoms of Arthritis?
- Pain. Affected joints might hurt during or after movement.
Stiffness. Joint stiffness might be most noticeable upon awakening or after being inactive.
- Tenderness. Your joint might feel tender when you apply light pressure to or near it.
- Loss of flexibility. You might not be able to move your joint through its full range of motion.
- Grating sensation. You might feel a grating sensation when you use the joint, and you might hear popping or crackling.
- Swelling. This might be caused by soft tissue inflammation around the joint
Is Arthritis Curable?
It depends on the severity of arthritis. Yes, Initial stages of Arthritis are curable but later stages of arthritis generally do not recover completely, as it’s a degenerative change in the body, aging cannot be reversed.
Which doctor can i see to treat Arthritis?
Orthopedician or your nearby physiotherapist can help you in joint related problems.
Precautions needed during Arthritis?
- Avoid excessive joint motion especially bending.
- Reduction in weight is important.
- Omega 3 fatty acids, Collagen supplementations, Glucosamine helps in maintaining joint
- Certain essential vitamins like magnesium, Vit B12, Vit D are important.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects.
- Do regular stretches and strength training for your joint muscles.
- Consult your physiotherapist before starting any weight training program to ensure you are not putting too much of stress on the joints and further injuring them. Avoid sitting on floor or low seated seats.
- Stop using Indian toilets.
- Give PRICE (which we talked about to prevent further injury and minimizing the damage)
- Seek help immediately after onset on pain, as it can controlled to a great extent in its initial stages.
Leave your details for a callback
After we get some information from you, we’ll set up a time to discuss your issues in further detail.
For anything Orthopaedic, reach an
Orthocure Clinic near you
Our 4 Point protocols and international medical equipment helps us in bringing accuracy and rectifying your problem with our regular exercise plans without any surgery. Consult the best Orthopaedics supported by experienced Physiotherapists and a Chiropractor for your bone and muscle conditions.
Our unique 4 point protocol allows for an all round approach.
We start with the right diagnostics, and then proceed to initial pain relief and structural corrections to treat the condition of the root cause of the ailment.